Q: Oil coming out of spark plug.

My mechanic said I need to buy a new cover, what's that piece called exactly.

Hello. The piece you are referring to is called a valve cover gasket. It sits between the top of the engine as if a piece of cheese would between a bun and a patty to keep the oil from leaking. It is possible for the valve cover gasket to develop external leaks around the outside of the engine but it is also for it to develop internal leaks around the spark plugs. The valve cover gaskets are made of rubber which dry up overtime and allow oil to leak past. Oil leaking on spark plugs will saturate them and slow conductivity so will be best to have the spark plugs replaced at the same time as the valve cover gasket. I will ask customer support to send you an estimate regarding the valve cover gasket and spark plug replacement on your vehicle for your records.

3. Oil coming out of spark plug.