Q: Would there be something wrong with a 2005 Chrysler 300c if the gear doesn't shift till about 5-6 RPM?

I was thinking about buying a 2005 Chrysler 300c, but when I was test driving it the gear didn't shift till it got to almost 6RPM. Is that normal?

A: This can be caused by a few things such as ...

This can be caused by a few things such as low transmission fluid, a transmission vacuum leak or a faulty transmission control solenoid. Modern automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car's computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all.