Q: Rear of vehicle is low to the ground

I bought my car from a young kid, and the car sits very low in the back and almost hits the ground. And when I turn on the car it makes sounds like putting air in tire. It drives OK. But how can I make my car sit a little higher and what parts do I need to get to fix this myself? Or do I need to take it somewhere to fix this? And how to I stop the putting air in tire sound?

A: Hey there, thanks for writing in about your...

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 1989 Chrysler New Yorker. The lowered vehicle may be from the previous owner cutting the springs out of the rear struts. This vehicle also has a rear shock system that uses air to pressurize them. You should have the complete suspension checked to see if there is altered components and disconnected air shocks. If you need help having this looked at, a certified pro from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to inspect the suspension and guide with a potential fix.