Q: My car starts and runs but after getting up near 200 degrees it starts to sputter and stalls. It will not restart until it cools o

asked by on August 01, 2016

Car stops running after getting up to about 200 degrees and will not run again until it cools off again.

Ignition Cable (Spark plug wires) Replacement $108.29 - $457.90 Get a Quote
Spark Plugs Replacement $96.63 - $636.71 Get a Quote
Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

You will need to see if you have lost spark to the spark plugs after the engine dies. If it did then you most likely have a bad distributor assembly behind the water pump. Make sure you replace the spark plug wires and spark plugs at the same time. The distributors on your Corvette are prone to heat failure and may even get to the point of not starting at all.

If you need some help, contact a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic. They will be able to assist you with these checks and properly diagnose your stalling issue.