Q: My Chevy captiva 2013 jerks when in idle.

My Chevy captiva 2013 jerks when in idle. I've had my oil changed, filters replaced & my throttle body clean what's wrong? I have used a few different fuel cleaners but not all at once I thought It was the gas so I went with a brand name company but it still jerks. I step harder on my brakes but it does work either any suggestions?

There is a problem with one or more "engine management controls" or a mechanical problem. A scan tool, or engine scope, would reveal the underlying issue. Among the possibilities are uneven cylinder compression, sticking valves, a vacuum leak, an air induction fault like a stuck idle air control valve or a faulty throttle position sensor, problems with the mass air flow sensor, defective spark plugs, a weak coil and defective oxygen sensor(s). If you desire that this problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a rough idle diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.