Q: Cannot remove the starter. 2001 Mitsubishi montero sport. V6 3000 24 valve

We removed the starter bolts. It is out but there is no room to get it out. We don't want to have to jack up the engine or something. It is stuck in a store parking lot so we were trying to do it quick. How do we get the starter out as easy as possible?

A: It may be necessary to remove the motor mou...

It may be necessary to remove the motor mount shield, disconnect the transmission cooler lines, and front axle actuator to have room to get starter out. If you need to have this done, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to help you get the starter replacement installed.