Q: Would a 2000 VW Passat 2.0 ECM fit in a 2002 VW Passat v6 3.0?

My car is a 2002 Volkswagon Passat v6 3.0 and I need a ECM for it. I recently bought a 2000 Volkswagon Passat 2.0 for parts, would in ECM in that fit in mine?

Hi there. The Engine Control Module (ECM) on a 2.0 engine will fit on the 3.0 engine, however, the ECM may have to be flashed (reprogrammed) to the vehicle you have. If the engine block was swapped out, then the computer would not know the difference other than the engine temperature. The ECM for the 2.0 may have different temperature setting than the 3.0 has for the difference in compression. If you need further assistance with swapping ECM’s, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.