Q: Whining noise of the CVT transmission during acceleration on a 2013 Nissan Altima

I have a 2013 Nissan Altima but the CVT transmission makes a whining noise when I accelerate and it doesn't move fast. I already flushed the fluid through the dealership.

A: Here is the problem with Nissans. Nissans w...

Here is the problem with Nissans. Nissans were great cars when they were Datsuns. Then they called them Nissans because they wanted them to look more Japanese. In the last decade and a half, their quality has gone downhill.

Unfortunately, you've bought Altima with the CVT transmission and that's probably one of the worst transmissions Nissan has ever made. Yours just has problems. The dealership is probably going to cost you a ton, so check out some other professional mechanics who have the expertise on those to see if there is something they can attempt to rebuild.

You may even consider getting rid of the car and getting something else, or going with a rebuilt transmission, which is going to be relatively expensive. That thing has only 3 years and already has problems now. I'd go directly to Nissan and try to have them fix it for free. There has to be some kind of warranty on it unless you've got a high mileage. It shouldn't wear out that fast, but they occasionally do with Nissans, which is why I tell people not to buy them.