Q: What does the Engine Oil Pressure warning light on the dash mean?

What does the Engine Oil Pressure warning light on the dash mean?

The Engine Oil Pressure Warning Light on the dashboard is most commonly an indication that the engine is burning oil or that the engine is losing oil. Some other reasons that the Engine Oil Pressure Warning Light is on in the dashboard are from the oil pressure sensor not operating properly, or from a faulty oil pump. Engine oil (or motor oil) is an important part of proper engine function for several reasons. It is a lubricant for engine components, distributes heat that is generated by the engine, and redirects dirt and debris to the oil filter.

Without engine oil (or motor oil), the engine and its components cannot work properly. Allowing the Engine Oil Pressure Warning Light to stay on without being addressed immediately may cause extensive damage to other engine components. For this reason, operating a vehicle when this warning light is on is strongly advised against. If the Engine Oil Pressure Warning Light comes on in the dashboard, it is necessary to stop operating the vehicle and contact a certified technician immediately to diagnose the problem and make necessary repairs.

3. What does the Engine Oil Pressure warning light on the dash mean?