Q: Cant I put manual hubs on my trooper?

My TOD isnt working on my isuzu trooper 1999 and i am wondering if its easier or cheaper to replace the tod housing or replace the auto hubs with manual hubs? My car has an automatic transmission.

Hi there. You can change the auto locking hubs to manual locking hubs as long as the parts will fit. Just keep in mind, by replacing the auto hubs with manual hubs, you will have to get out of the vehicle to turn the locking hubs on and off. With locking the hubs it is not good to leave them locked when driving on pavement as the springs will break in the caps. If you need further assistance with the locking hubs, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.