Q: Removing the mass airflow sensor. It's stuck can't get leverage to pull out the electrical plug or get screws out. 2015 sentra

asked by on March 26, 2017

Removing a stuck airflow sensor. Can't get clip out or screws. Housed under wiper molding/guard

There are two screws holding the sensor in place. They may be 7 mm hex. If the guard is preventing access, of course simply remove the guard. Your vehicle is only 1-2 years old, so do be sure the MAF really needs cleaning or replacement. The MAF can be diagnosed on the vehicle and if you were led to the sensor by a code, be aware that no code can be relied on to directly condemn this part. That is, the part itself MUST be tested because there are multiple causes of any of the code that merely "include" the MAF. If you are working off a code and/or the MAF has not been tested, you can request an MAF diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.