Q: Rattling noise on a 2002 Honda Passport

I have a 2002 Honda Passport and every time I drive over small bumps on the road, I hear something rattling. It sounds like it's coming from the front driver's side but I wasn't able to locate it. It only happens intermittently.

It’s a 14-year-old Honda Passport and if you hear rattling sounds, a lot of times it is those little stabilizers bolts where the sway bars go and keep the car nice and tight for cornering. On each side there will be bolts that bolt on the washer rubber bushings with the metal piece in the middle. Those often wear. Grab it and you can rattle it and replace it. They are 12 bucks a piece and are easy to bolt on. Anybody can do this but they do wear on those all the time. If you want this done for you, a technician from YourMechanic can diagnose the rattling noise and make the repair.

3. Rattling noise on a 2002 Honda Passport