Q: Honda with bad oil leak. Changed the lead plug and I check the valve cover and didn't see any leaks 2002 Honda Civic

Hi i.have 02 civic with bad oil leak. .I did change the headplug and I check the valve cover and ain't see any leaks comes from there,.but still leaks under corner by the headplug. Is that possible needs.valve cover replaced. .

Hi there - it is still possible that the valve cover gasket is leaking into the plug recess, even if it isn’t leaking around the outside of the valve cover. Also possible that one of the cam seals is leaking, then airflow is blowing the oil back into the plug recesses. Oil leaks around the "nose" of the engine can be blown around in confusing patterns, making their source difficult to identify. I would recommend an oil leak inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

Hello. It sounds like you may have an oil leak either at the valve cover or it may be at the head gasket. If you cannot pinpoint the actual point of the leak I would usually put some dye in the oil to assist with finding the leak. If the oil is leaking from either of these areas then the gasket will need to be replaced. If the issue continues then you may have some internal engine pressure issues which means that the engine needs to be rebuilt. If you need to have this oil leak repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose where the leak is coming from] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/valve-cover-gasket-is-leaking-inspection

3. Honda with bad oil leak. Changed the lead plug and I check the valve cover and didn't see any leaks 2002 Honda Civic