Q: I want to change headlight to an adaptive LCD headlight from 2015 BMW 750i. Is it possible?

asked by on October 24, 2016

I have 2011 Bmw 750li, want to change headlight to adaptive LCD headlong from 2015 bmw 750i I can change with out any customize ?

Lights (Headlamps/beams/brakes) Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

As with most modern cars, things are more complicated than they seem. The BMW uses a lamp control module to power up the lights. It’s not a simple switch-load connection anymore. Among other functions, the lamp control module senses malfunctions in the lights, and alters the power to other lights to compensate for it. It also puts up a warning on the dashboard to alert you to the malfunctions and stores codes to tell technicians what to do about it.

Changing any of the lights to something other than stock will be seen by the module as a malfunction and it’s hard to predict what it would do about it. At the very least, you will always be driving with a warning on the dashboard. At the worst, it might damage the module.

Sorry, but the manufacturers have taken a lot of the fun out of car ownership by making personal modifications impossible. If you’d like a second opinion on this, have a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your car’s lighting system and suggest what to do from there.