Q: Brakes, transmission, starter, & catalytic converter replaced, but not fixed

The brakes and transmission were replaced in my car. It also needed a new starter because the key would not come out of the ignition. So I took my car to the dealership to get these replaced. While there, the catalytic converter started making a popping noise. I felt like the ones working on the car were just guessing at the diagnosis because they didn’t fix the problem. I’ve been back several times, but I still need help. Could you please tell me what you think will solve these problems?

A: The exhaust would need to have been removed...

The exhaust would need to have been removed when the transmission was done and may have been installed back on incorrectly or is misaligned causing the popping noise. A popping noise is usually due to a leak in the exhaust connections. If you want to have this verified, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to diagnose the noise and proceed with the appropriate repairs.