Q: My car is not going in reverse and in neutral. It only goes forward, Why? How much charges it will take to fix?

My car is not reversing actuly i was stuck in snow may b i forced much thats why something worn and i feel smoke inside the car by blower after that car didt pick reverse gear. What is issue and how much charges it will take to fix?

My car has an automatic transmission.acura EL

Hi there. The transmission could have overheated as the vehicle was trying to escape the snow. Going back and forth many times will overheat the transmission fluid and make it boil. This will cause clutch materials within the transmission to burn up and no longer work. The smoke that you were seeing could be coming from the transmission as the reverse input clutch could have been burning, or oil on the transmission burning off as the transmission could have been getting hot. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you with your transmission.

Billing question sent to CS for the cost of the diagnostics and repair of the transmission issue.

3. My car is not going in reverse and in neutral. It only goes forward, Why? How much charges it will take to fix?