Q: Gas tank seal from the filler neck hose.

I have an an HHR and replaced the filler hose. At the end of the hose is a nozzle that is clamped on. When you insert the nozzle into the gas tank, their isn't a good seal and was wondering what the part is that helps the nozzle seal to the tank. Is it an O-ring or a rubber seal that goes around the opening of the gas tank that seals the nozzle?

The nozzle I believe your are mentioning is the anti-siphon and roll-over check valve. It does not require a perfect seal to the tank. The rubber filler hose slides over it, sealing in fuel vapors. I hope this helps. Put it back together the way it came apart and it should be fine.