Q: Whistling noise when press in on clutch

When I am pressing in on the clutch, it makes a whistling noise. It makes a sound like metal on metal, but in a high pitch. This is a 2016 and I only have 4,000 miles on my car. This whistling happens when I am first starting the car in the mornings. It does eventually go away after the engine has warmed up. I even have people asking me, “What’s wrong with your ‘New’ car?” What is causing this whistling noise?

Hey there. It sounds like the noise comes around when you are using the clutch which sounds to me like you may have an issue with your throwout bearing. The part on the vehicle may have been faulty and failed prematurely. If you would like to have this taken care of, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the whistling noise and pinpoint the problem.

3. Whistling noise when press in on clutch