Q: Coolant leak but not sure from where.

I have a coolant leak and I am not sure where it is coming from. I think it might be the water pump, but I am not 100 percent sure.

A: Hello, the only way to find a coolant leak ...

Hello, the only way to find a coolant leak is to use a coolant system pressure tester and then inspect for leaks. A coolant system pressure tester has an attachment that replaces the radiator cap and is attached to a pump to apply pressure into the cooling system. The pump has a pressure gauge to monitor the pressure to determine loss and not to over pressurize the system. The pressure introduced into the system will trigger the leak to become more prevalent helping the mechanic determine the source of the leak. With a correct diagnosis of the leak a repair can be recommended. You should enlist the aid of a mechanic to inspect your coolant leak. A coolant leak should be repaired sooner rather than later. An engine that overheats due to loss of coolant can turn into a major repair.