Q: My car would not turn over and made a loud noise when trying to start it

Is it our starter?

• My car would not turn over and made a loud noise when trying to start it

Q: Clutch not engaging

Hi there! It sounds like there may be a a little air left in the clutch hydraulic system. Air in clutch lines will cause the exact scenario you describe. The air will be moved to a different location in the...

Q: I replaced my shift solenoid B becuase it was stuck open well this shade tree mech did it now my tranny wont shift

Hello. The most common problem with the use of a shade tree mechanic is they tend to use substandard parts. Cheaper parts often lead to expensive repairs. This concept is easy to sell if you explain the likely hood of...

Q: Car overheated and now it's shutting off. It cranks but won't start.

Hi there. If the coolant leaks out too much, the computer will see this from the coolant temperature and coolant level sensors and shut off the engine to prevent any damage to the engine. Check for the coolant leaks and...