Q: Alarm goes off anytime I try to start car.

asked by on December 31, 2016

Every time i try to start my car, the alarm goes off. The key FOB will not lock or unlock my doors or open my trunk.

Hi there. The key fob may have lost its memory. You can reprogram your key fob to your vehicle by putting the key up to the column and pushing on the lock buttons on the key fob. Then put the key into the door and as you unlock the door, use the key fob to unlock the door. If the key fob still does not work and the alarm still is being tripped when the engine is started, then check the door switches and see if they have a bad ground. If the door switch is not working, then remove the door switch, clean the ground and put it back on. Check to see if the door lock will work. If the door lock will work, then the alarm should not be tripped. If the alarm is still being tripped, then the security module under the dash may be defective. If you need further assistance with your alarm, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.