Q: Car jerks and stalls in First and Second gear

asked by on February 15, 2016

I believe my car needs a new clutch and slave cylinder, but I am not sure. The car runs fine, but it jerks and stalls while in First and Second gear, though it does fine once in Third. Also, the clutch pedal is very loose.

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

It is possible that the hydraulic system for your clutch pedal may be causing your problem. Depending on the mileage that is on your clutch, and how you drive, you may also be due to have the clutch replaced. Either of these issues could cause the symptoms you are describing. I would ask for help from one of the mechanics at YourMechanic. They will be able to come to you and diagnose exactly what is causing your stalling concern.