Q: Oil leaking from valve guide

I have blue smoke coming from the exhaust pipe. I believe it is oil leaking from the valve guide.

If the engine only smokes blue at start-up, the valve guide seals are to blame. If the engine smokes blue constantly, especially while revving the engine, the piston rings are bad. Both issues involve complex repairs that come at a high cost. You need to determine how much the car is worth to you to justify an expensive repair or possible engine replacement. All cars burn some amount of oil, but when you can see the blue smoke, it is an excessive amount. Monitor your oil level closely and keep it at the proper level, so long as you don’t let it run low, you may be able to squeeze some more life out of it. If you need assistance, YourMechanic has certified mechanics that can inspect and repair the oil issue.