Q: How does the moon roof auto-reverse function work?

asked by on December 14, 2015

How does the moon roof auto-reverse function work?

Like your car’s windows, the moon roof offers an auto-reverse function for safety. If it detects an object in the way while closing or tilting back down to flat, it will stop and then automatically reverse.

It’s possible that the auto-reverse will malfunction. If the moon roof keeps moving up and down, or backing up, just hold the tilt button for five seconds. This will force the moon roof to close.

Tip

Some small objects may not be detected during closing. Visually check to make sure that no one’s hands or arms are in the way.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr