Q: Dash lights stayed on despite several parts were replaced

Several dashboard lights went on in my car, including ESP, ABS, SRS and BAS. I went to the shop because of this issue. They had several repairs done. The steering column, coil spring as well as the conductor plate have been changed. Also, they cleaned the TCM. The oil looks good as well. However, the lights are still on and they don't know why. Do you have any idea what is causing this?

A: Since the steering column was opened, and y...

Since the steering column was opened, and you not only have faults showing in the ESP, ABS, and BAS systems with the indicator lights, but you also have the SRS light on as well, I am inclined to believe that the steering angle sensor needs to be reset and the repair of the clock spring verified.

Faults need to be read out of the ESP, ABS, and BAS systems as well as the SRS to see if they are related to the steering column repair. You may want to either take it back to the shop that did the initial repair or enlist the help of an independent mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to verify the initial repair and make recommendations for correcting your dashboard warning lights.