Q: Abs and handbrake light staying on

Good day, I recently changed the rear wheel bearings on my Toyota Avanza 1.3 SX. Since then the abs system is not functioning. I had a diagnostic test done which revealed that there is no signal from the rear sensors. The mechanic has also chipped the tone rings however non of the teeth are missing. Will this cause the lack of signal to the ABS unit? Thank you.

Hi, thanks for writing in. It is possible that the sensor, or another component, was damaged during the repair. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this light for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.