Q: Need new water pump.

My engine is overheating. I think I might need my water pump replaced.

There are a lot of reasons why your Escape may overheat. If it was the water pump then the pump will either leak or it may have a broken impeller that will cause poor coolant flow. The first place to start is to know when it overheats. If it overheats under all driving conditions and gets hot fast then it may have a blown head gasket. If it only overheats around town and not on the highway then it may have a radiator issue or fan problem. A mechanic would need to know this information to know where to start. I would enlist the help of a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic.

3. Need new water pump.