Q: Brand new battery but my car won't start.

One day i was driving and all of a sudden, my car just shut completly off for some reason. People were saying its the altenator or the battery. But i just went out and got a brand new one and my car still want crank. What is it?

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. If your 2...

Hi there, thanks for writing in.

If your 2010 HHR is having problems not cranking, but you just replaced the battery, then it’s highly likely that you have a broken starter or damaged electrical relay somewhere. When the vehicle shuts off all of the sudden as you indicated, it’s typically caused by an electrical malfunction; most of the time in the ignition system.

The best way to know for certain where the problem exists is to contact one of our professional mechanics to complete a no start inspection at the convenience of your home. This will allow them to pinpoint any electrical or mechanical problems you’re having so they can complete the right service repairs.