Q: Car won't start lights come on no clicking changed starter ignition switch and starter relay it would start with a paper clip

asked by on July 17, 2017

Car will not start no clicking from starter replaced starter ignition switch and starter relay all lights come on it would start with a paper clip but now won't turn over tried jumping still nothing has half tank of gas

Hi there. If you’re able to bypass the starter with a paperclip, it’s typically an indication of an ignition relay fault - not the ignition cylinder. However, this could have also created additional electrical problems in the ignition or fuel system that are the source of your problem. The best way to know for sure where the problems exist is having a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to start inspection.