Q: Reduced engine power message is on the dash.

asked by on March 02, 2017

keeps messing up with a reduced engine power message. Ive replaced the throttle body, the pedal position sensor and its still not working right.

The reduced power light is on for either the catalytic converter is overheating or the transmission is malfunctioning. If the vehicle is able to shift through all of the gears, then check the engine to see if there is a bad spark or if the injectors are spraying too much fuel. A rich or lean mixture will cause the catalytic converter to overheat and make the message appear. I recommend replacing the spark plugs and performing an injection flush to clean the injectors.

If you need further assistance with your warning message on the dashboard, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.