Q: Will I pass my MOT if the dephaser pulley is failing renault megane vvt 1.6

Will I pass my MOT if the dephaser pulley is failing renault megane vvt 1.6 only on a cold start though

A: Hello. If your vehicle’s dephaser pulley is...

Hello. If your vehicle’s dephaser pulley is having issues, it may have a dramatic effect on the engine’s emissions levels, which are a part of the MOT test. The MOT test looks at safety, roadworthiness, and exhaust emissions levels.

The dephaser pulley is used to adjust cam timing for best MPG and performance. If it fails, the vehicle may experience all sorts of problems, including a loss in power and performance, and the potential for increased emissions. If the issue is only present at cold starts, and then disappears, then it may not be a factor in the MOT test, as long as the engine is warm.