Key won't unlock car anymore 2004 mazda mazda6 v6-3.0l lo...

Q: Key won't unlock car anymore

asked by on February 09, 2016

The driver's side door will not open, and the key will not unlock the car anymore.

The latch inside the door is locked and unlocked by a lock actuator. The latch or lock actuator has likely bound up, and will need to be accessed get the door open. If this is the case, the inside door panel will have to be removed from the door while the door is closed. This may require the drivers seat to be removed for access to get the panel off. I recommend having a mechanic inspect your door lock system, and recommend any necessary repairs.