Q: My Engine Is Making A Ticking Noise And When I Acelletate Its low To Pick Up Speed And If I Rev Up To Fast It Starts To Smoke

The Problem With My Car Is It's Slow To Acellerate When I Rev Up But Befote I Be Lucas Oil Cleaner In My Tank It Would Rev Even Slower Last Night I Trying To Acelllerate Fast Instead Of Easing Into A Speed And When I Came To A Stop The Car Cut Off And Started Smoking And Wouldn't Cut Back On So After Pushing It Back Home It Cut On Just Fine But Now There's A Ticking/Knocking Noise Coming From The Engine And A Weird Smell After You Drive That Wasn't There Before Even Though Its Still Rides The Same I Think Something Is Clogged Up But Idk

Hi Edgar. Thanks for contacting us today. Honestly, there are probably multiple problems with your Jaguar S-Type that are leading to all these symptoms. Some of the common reasons why an engine would stumble, or cut off while driving or slowing down include damaged mass air flow sensors, EGR valve or a throttle body that is damaged. This is quite common with early 2000 Jaguar models. This could also be due to ignition system component failure, such as spark plug wires, coils, or spark plugs that are worn out as well. Since there are so many possible sources, including the source of the engine ticking and smoke, it’s probably best to have a professional mechanic inspect your vehicle to determine what needs to be repaired or replaced.

3. My Engine Is Making A Ticking Noise And When I Acelletate Its low To Pick Up Speed And If I Rev Up To Fast It Starts To Smoke