Q: Car starts and then dies

asked by on February 05, 2016

My car starts for a second and then dies. It only starts if I put gas in the carburetor.

Fuel Pump Replacement $120.92 - $1186.72 Get a Quote

Hello. If I am not mistaken, that vehicle does not use a carburetor for the fuel system, that does not really matter though. If your vehicle is only starting when you add some sort of fuel, and not on it’s own, then that means there is probably something wrong with the fuel system. The problems may range from a fuse being blown, to the need for a replacement fuel pump. I would suggest having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose the vehicle to ensure the correct repair is made.