Q: on starting engine light & throttle control and traction control light comes on and car idols hard no codes when scanned

I have a 2008 jeep liberty latley on starting engine light throttle control and traction control light comes on and car idols so rough I turn it off brake and acceleration peddles don't work at that time either I believe,And my machanic said no code shows so it would be like a needle in a haystack stack to find . Not long ago maybe a month or so before this issue I got the clock spring replaced cause my air bag light was on by the way it still comes on when cars running and stopped at a light or stop sign so clock spring didn't help it but could it be connected and how do i get the right thing repaired when no code ..Thank you so much for reading this and if your able to reply I know you have so many trying to talk to you O.h and once I turn my car off and on for a bit then I'm able to drive but when it acts up and shows those lights and idols rough it won't run it's usually on starting . the issue went away a while and now is doing it again more

Hello, and thank you for writing in. Unfortunately the first technician is correct in that this can be cause by a wide variety of issues. Considering that it is intermittent, we can assume that there is either an electrical issue (sensor or bad connection), or that there is a particular part which is dirty or failing. There are a couple of ways you can approach this. One being that you attempt to clean, repair, and replace the many number of components that can cause this. A second being that you attempt to replicate the issue by unplugging sensors and trying various tests to try and narrow down what system is being effected. When dealing with a misfiring situation, you need to look into the air intake, ignition (spark), and the fuel systems first. One last consideration is to have the vehicle scanned by another type of code reader. They vary in brand, manufacture compatibility, and software. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment, or to obtain a quote once the issue is diagnosed.

3. on starting engine light & throttle control and traction control light comes on and car idols hard no codes when scanned