Q: Advice on buying a used Ford Ranger

asked by on June 08, 2016

Should I buy a newer or older Ford Ranger. I'm deciding between an 'O1 or O8. They both have 110,000 miles and are in good shape with 3,000-dollar difference between them. Are the new ones more reliable?

They are both old cars, so my advice is to buy the 2001. If it’s 3,000 dollars cheaper, and has the same mileage, then you should go for that. It’s the mileage that is more important - that is the wear and tear of your car. Go for the 2001, as long as the body isn’t rotten and there is no rust on the frame. You will want to have a technician give the car a pre-purchase inspection to make sure there are no hidden faults that you may have overlooked yourself. If everything checks out, then you are getting a great deal for the 2001 since they have the same mileage.