Q: Mechanic did not tell me what to do but apparently my transmission oil is bad what do I do?

Mechanic came to change oil? Left before explaining what I should do. I went online and apparently he evaluated my transmission oil as black- what does this mean and what do I do about it?

Hi there. I am not quite clear as to what oil was changed. If the mechanic came to change the transmission fluid, completed the service and indicated in the post service report that the transmission fluid was black, this is an indication that the fluid inside the transmission has reached it’s maximum lifespan and should replaced. It is recommended by Honda to have the transmission fluid service completed around 40,000 to 50,000 miles, so black transmission fluid is normal - nothing to worry about if the service was already completed. If he was changing the engine oil and inspected the transmission fluid, then you should have the transmission fluid changed sooner rather than later.

3. Mechanic did not tell me what to do but apparently my transmission oil is bad what do I do?