Q: When accelerating from stop, rear end hops.

When accelerating at ANY rate from a full or rolling stop, the rear end jump/hop/knocks for about 10-15 seconds. This is worse when turning from a stop. Transmission fluid has no metal flakes or metallic shine.

Hi there. Check the suspension and shocks on the rear of the vehicle. If the suspension is loose or the shocks are worn, then the axle will move around or bounce and keep the tires from being in contact with the road. If you need further assistance with your rear wheels jumping, hopping, and knocking, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. When accelerating from stop, rear end hops.