Q: Car stalls at 30-40mph and then drops to 10mph - 2011 Porsche Panamera

My car stalled when I was driving around 30-40 mph; plus, the speed dropped down to 10 mph. I learned later that it was the reduced power in the engine and the traction control that disabled the warning lights and they could not illuminate on the instrument panel. I had to have my car towed to a dealership and they gave the diagnosis that the cam shaft adjuster was detached. They also said that it might have caused an engine block which resulted in the engine power loss. Before I proceed with repairs, I would like to know your diagnosis and solution for my car’s problems?

Start with the problem code from engine: is it the camshaft position sensor, camshaft timing actuator, or something else? The symptoms you describe could certainly be caused by a failure of the camshaft timing mechanism. A YourMechanic professional can help with this diagnosis and replace all necessary parts including the camshaft position sensor.

• Car stalls at 30-40mph and then drops to 10mph - 2011 Porsche Panamera