Q: Brake pressure

Hi, car in Context is Skoda Octavia Mk1 2006 1.9 TDI it all started after a clutch replacement which included Flywheel, bearing & pressure plates, all set vehicle is back home, next day morning took the vehicle out and notice there is no pressure on the brake pedal, pedal goes all the way till the floor, took it to the mechanic back he said it could be a case of air locked up since clutch cables are connected with the same brake oil, we topped up bled brakes and there are the brakes, next day again no pressure, we would have cycled the same procedure for almost 4 days with no luck, checked for leakages, master cylinder, wheel cylinders, etc look good. finally took to the Skoda dealer for ABS bleed procedure which the SA claimed it was done and recommended Brake booster and cylinder replacement. after all this, this is what i found, one ABS line do not have oil coming in, all other lines are okay and no ABS warning light, also we found that oil is not supplied to RHR wheel, ABS motor works

A: Hey there. It is possible that the master c...

Hey there. It is possible that the master cylinder has worn out sufficiently that the brake fluid is leaking past the master cylinder piston and seals and into the power brake booster. This would cause a "no firm brake pedal" condition, loss of the power brake boost, brake fluid damages to the diaphragm in the booster, and the brake booster would catch the leaking fluid, so there is no "evidence" of a leak as such. This could also keep at least one incoming pressure line to the ABS from having brake pressure. The dealer could well be correct here. Have another local expert inspect the brake system if you need a second opinion.