Q: My 04 kia sedona stalls out when i stop or brake, it cranks but wont turn over. I replaced the main relay fuse but still no go

asked by on March 20, 2017

My 04 kia sedona stalls out when i stop or brake, it cranks but wont turn over. I replaced the main relay fuse but still no go. You can hear the fuel pump so we dont think its that, i disconnected the battery the first time and it worked ok for another week then it stalled again and the engine lught came on . When it was working it would sputters at times and is idling alittle high, i know i have an oil leak but i check oil levels daily and replace

Hello, thank you for writing in. The possible issues with the vehicle are rather extensive without some more information. The first step is to have the vehicle scanned for diagnostic codes, so we know what the vehicle’s computer has detected is wrong. We can then use that information to do some further testing if needed. Without that information, you want to focus on that oil leak, as it may be contaminating the spark plugs (easy to check visually). Secondly you want to focus on the air intake, checking the condition of the idle air control valve, the throttle body, and the throttle position sensor. For more help with this testing, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.