Q: TOD check light

Hello, I have 2001 Isuzu vehicros . Problem is TOD (transfer case) check light is on. And I feel something hit the rear suspension when steering wheel turn pully (like U turn). Thanks

Hello. There are some common issues that can cause this to occur. Most of the time it is because the transfer case has an internal failure. The first thing that I would do is drain the fluid and inspect its condition. If there is metal in the fluid or if the fluid is really dark then the transfer case needs to be rebuilt. If the fluid is fine then it may be a bad connection on the transfer case or a bad actuator. This type of work will require some knowledge, so it is best left to a transmission specialist.

3. TOD check light