Q: When the slip ligth shows up on the dash board. Why can't I speed beyond 30 mph?

The slip light suddenly appeared on the dash board and stays on. I feel traction when i try to speed up so i have to stop completly and turn off the car. I turn on the car and the light disappears then the car acts normal. I have happened to me 2 times now. I am wondering what could be the reason for it. Thank you in advance!

Hello, thank you for working on this. The Vehicle Dynamic Control system is responsible for keeping the tires from spinning out or locking up in certain driving conditions. Your owner’s manual will have the best information on how to disable this traction control. If the module is activating when it should not be, then there is an issue with the system. Have the vehicle scanned for diagnostic troubleshooting codes to see if the computer has detected any issues. The wheel sensors may be defective or have an issue. More electrical and system testing will need to be done. For more help with servicing the system, you may contact our service department for a quote or to set up an appointment.

3. When the slip ligth shows up on the dash board. Why can't I speed beyond 30 mph?