Q: Car doesn't start, Can a bad gas cap cause this ?

I just notice car has a bad gas cap, it doesn't click and it will just freely turn instead of locking. Now when key in On I don't hear the buzzing from the fuel filter or the throttle body noise that it does when you shut down the car. Car just shakes when try to start and also have Oil Control Valve Broken. I try jump starting it but it doesn't start. Code is U1100

Hi There, A faulty gas cap can certainly case the check engine light to come on, but will usually not cause performance issues. The shaking and lack of sound from the fuel pump may suggest that the fuel pump itself may be failing or possibly the fuel pump relay may not be sending power to the fuel pump resulting in the engine starving for fuel. This can cause problems with the vehicle starting and running poorly. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Car doesn't start, Can a bad gas cap cause this ?