Q: ECM fuse keeps blowing

Check engine light has been on for a while. Pulled up to my friends house one morning and the car didn't started when I tried to leave. I replaced the ECM fuse and started the car. It lasted for about 45 seconds and just died. It hasn't started at al since then.

A: Hi there. If the ECM fuse keeps blowing, th...

Hi there. If the ECM fuse keeps blowing, then there is a definite electrical short. Most of the time the short is in the ECM, but it may have a short in the wiring going to it. I usually isolate it by going through the wiring schematic and disconnecting areas of the circuit until I find the short. If you need to have this electrical short fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.