Q: ECM fuse keeps blowing

Check engine light has been on for a while. Pulled up to my friends house one morning and the car didn't started when I tried to leave. I replaced the ECM fuse and started the car. It lasted for about 45 seconds and just died. It hasn't started at al since then.

Hi there. If the ECM fuse keeps blowing, then there is a definite electrical short. Most of the time the short is in the ECM, but it may have a short in the wiring going to it. I usually isolate it by going through the wiring schematic and disconnecting areas of the circuit until I find the short. If you need to have this electrical short fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.

3. ECM fuse keeps blowing