My car died, and now it starts intermittently. But it won't stay on for more than 40 seconds to one minute. I recently changed the fuel filter and had the oil changed. I've checked the fuel pump shut off. I found some wire harnesses disconnected behind the driver's kick panel, containing red, green, and red with light green wires. Now the battery is dying out.
Hi. The wires behind the dash may be related, but probably not. The vehicle should be checked for proper spark and fuel delivery when it is acting up. This can be done using a fuel pressure gauge to check for fuel pressure and a spark tester to check for spark. Also, if the Check Engine Light is on, the diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) should be retrieved. These codes provide a starting point for any further diagnostic procedures. If you've been cranking the engine excessively in an attempt to start it, the battery is probably worn down. More than likely, you can just recharge it. I propose you have a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect the starting issue and suggest an appropriate repair.
Have a car question? Get free advice from our top-rated mechanics.
Our certified mechanics come to you ・Backed by 12-month, 12,000-mile guarantee・Save up to 30%