Q: 2010 Chevy Cobalt shuts off while driving

Previously I had a diagnostic code P0690 OBD-II Trouble Code: ECM/PCM Power Relay Sense Circuit High another diagnostic code indicated ignition starter switch relay was worn, not sure which service to request on here to resolve. Ignition relay or starter replacement Different things seem similar on here. The check engine light came on with Engine Power Reduced on my display.

The power relay provides power to several vital fuses. The relay is turned on and off by an on board control module. A problem with this relay or any part of its control circuit, can result in a vehicle that doesn’t run or is stuck in reduced power mode. Since it’s not certain where in the circuit the problem lies, I recommend first having the stalling problem diagnosed firsthand. YourMechanic is an excellent option for this, since we come to your home or office. Note, that GM had a recall a while back for the ignition switch on vehicles like yours, so that may also be a factor.

3. 2010 Chevy Cobalt shuts off while driving