Q: Rattle under car

There is a rattle coming from underneath the car. It sounds like something needs to be welded back together.

The vehicle should be inspected for the loose or broken component which many be minor in many cases. The exhaust system uses rubber hangers that crack and break allowing extra movement. The components of the exhaust system are prone to rusting and some metal components can begin to come apart. Have a technician, like one from YourMechanic, raise the vehicle and look along the belly to locate the source of the noise.