Q: Q: Trunk will not open

I removed my battery that needs to be replaced in my BMW 328i xDrive. I closed the trunk, and now I can’t get it to open. My new battery hasn’t been installed yet. Why won’t the trunk open after removing the battery?

The trunk on your 2011 BMW 328i most likely has a power open button. If the battery is not in the vehicle, the vehicle has no power and therefore electrical components will not work. The best recommendation I have for you is to use the key hole in the trunk if your vehicle has one. If the seats in the back will fold down and the doors are unlocked, you may also be able to access the trunk from the interior of the vehicle by folding down the seats. If you need help having this checked, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose and repair your trunk issue.

3. Q: Trunk will not open