Q: P0236

Hi, I have a 2012 Jaguar XJ x351 5.0L V8 Supercharged 510hp and engine light came on a few months ago showing this error code P0236 Turbocharger Boost Sensor A Range/Performance please help me with this, so far I have replace the boost sensor at the back of the engine, checked for vacume leaks, checked air filters and air sensors, updated the OS I dont know what else to do. everything works well on the car there is no power loss or anything. The only thing thats out of ordinary is a bit of rattling noise it seems like from the superchagrer crank, for the first few minutes when I turn the engine on and then disapear and the car works normaly again. Thank for your help in andvance

Hello. Your vehicle is equipped with two boost pressure sensors. One at the front of the engine near the throttle body, and one at the rear of the engine. I would verify that the boost sensor you replaced is the correct one, for engine bank A. It may also be possible that there is an issue with the sensors’ electrical circuit, perhaps due to a wiring issue or poor contact at the connector, or even with the circuit inside the engine computer. In some cases the fault can occur inside the computer’s circuit board, which would require repair or replacement of the computer. I would start by making sure the correct sensor has been replaced, and that the circuit is functioning correctly. If you are unsure I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose what the cause of your boost sensor fault may be.